Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day 2

Well, not much happened today.  I created a new dish, but with only a slight change.  This time I only added celery, and reduced the rice to half the amount of the mung beans.  It worked out nicely, and definitely had a lighter feel to it.  I didn't feel my lunch several hours later, and the Uddiyana's were nice and hollow.
Physically, I've noticed some things.  I've been having some intense sensations in the lower back and my left knee seems to be acting up.  Bud was pointing out hardness in my abdominal region and how that can cause pain in the lower back.  I've yet to try the messages he suggested for the stomach, the centers of my thumbs and big toes.
I think the knee hurts from doing ardha padmasana.  Such a shame.  At one point I could do these things with ease.  Ever since I tried my hand at Ashtanga, I've just been a mess.  I need to really focus on practicing Ahimsa in my practice and Ashtanga just brought out that egocentric drive that takes me out of awareness and gets me into trouble.
Bud noticed that I'm really hard on myself, which is a form of violence.  Maybe I'm the one beating myself up and that's why my body seems to injure easily recently. Well, there's also all of the aggravation I've caused myself with unhealthy habits over the years.  Habits that were instigated from outside stress.  It's pretty ridiculous to deal with stress in hurtful ways.
It took me years to let go.  I remember one day, after practicing yoga, my inner mind, yelling at me.  Stop!!! Please!!!.  Well, I took a couple more years, but I'm trying everyday.  Sometimes so much so, that I end up beating myself up again.  What a vicious cycle.    
Practiced Chaya Yodha Sancalanam today.  What a beautiful practice, and form.  I wish I had found this practice earlier, but I guess we receive things when we are ready for them.  It is hard to really embrace this practice with my injury, but the injury seems to serve as a sort of siren for when I'm pushing too hard.  I guess I really tend to let the mind drive past my body's limitations.  Here's a snippet of some Shadow Yoga as demonstrated by Emma Banalves, Zhander Remete's wife. The music was added later by the poster.
The practice has done wonders for strengthening my legs, but has also done things to my mind that I can't even begin to describe.  It is a deeply researched practice and was developed from years of practice in Yoga and other self cultivating practices and seems to really dive into the heart of Hatha Yoga.  I'll leave it there for now.  

The medicated ghee is horrible.  I don't look forward to it at all.  I wish I could drink it fast, but I fear that it will come back up.  At least I only have to take it for 4 days. Then the purge, Yay!!!
Most people just use organic ghee, but my doctor offered this medicated ghee.  I figured I'd give it a try.  It is infused with Gaduchi, Brahmi, Shatavari, Triphala and Cardamom.  I wish I could taste the Cardamom.  The other herbs are so bitter they almost give me a headache.  When I return home, I'm going to do some research on those herbs and post them in my next update.  
Looking forward to Easter with the family.  Should be interesting with this diet.      
    

No comments:

Post a Comment