Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day 3

Ouch, my body is sore and tired.  I practiced some Qi Gong today from a DVD I bought from Matt Pesendian when he gave a workshop on Balakrama up in Boston.  I highly recommend the DVD as a compliment to Yoga practice, or even if one does not practice yoga. The forms are incredibly beautiful and help one to both reset, build internal energy and support the immune system.  He advocate building bone strength as a way of also building he immune system.  His web address is www.mattpesendian.com, where you can download or purchase the DVD for a very reasonable price.  He is also an amazing yoga teacher and I highly recommend taking a class with him if given the opportunity.   
I am really feeling the effects of yesterday's practice. Chaya Yodha Sancalanam is simple but intense.  It seems to be working deeply on the hips and the nerves traveling down the legs.  I'd say there is also a lot more bandha work than in Balakrama, especially  So, today I tried to take it easy since I knew I'd be traveling and hanging with the little one all day. 
The exhaustion though, what is the deal? The food is super protein rich and full of vitamins.  I thought maybe it was the lack of tea and carbs (syrup).  But I really think it's the Brahmi which is essentially an anti-anxiety medicine.  I feel bad for my daughter.  She's been so hi energy and in such a great mood and I'm just lost in the clouds.  I feel very selfish.  
Well, trying to get to sleep got the best of me.  My head hurt so bad I thought I was going mad.  I had to take aleve just to get to sleep.  Unfortunately that had to happen so that I could deal with family the next day.  Bummer.  Going to find out if that just ruined the cleanse.  I'm sure it definetly didn't help.  I just couldn't help it.  The pain was so bad, I couldn't think about anything else.  Life happens, and we need to choose how to respond.  I'll just keep pushing forward and see what the next day has in store.  

No comments:

Post a Comment