Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Day 7

Last day, Yay!!!
It was a rough day.  I had to go to work, and the anticipation of eating something other than kitheree was overwhelming.
I had my cooking advisory today, spent a ton of money getting the supplies.  Ran around like a nut to get everything set up in time for a 30 minute class.  It was madness.  We made crepes, pancakes and scrambled eggs.  Only three students brought in food (eggs, cream cheese and fruit) and only one student helped.  The rest were mad for having to return to school after a vacation.  That didn't stop them from asking for food though.  One student brought fruit, which was really nice of him.
Few students ate fruit, and only one tried a crepe.  The rest just wanted pancakes and eggs despite voting for crepes when we made the menu.  The point of the advisory was to compare pancakes to crepes.  The students were supposed to bring the ingredients.
I wanted to eat a crepe so bad.  I was a bit miffed that my partner and I bought so much and worked so hard to prepare all of the stuff, and nobody even tried the crepes.  By the way, they looked really good.  I can't really comment on that any further.  I'm really disappointed with the class.
Not a great way to start the day.  The rest of the day was spent preparing my students for the ridiculous test they have to take next week.  I'm not supposed to comment on that either.  Got a Pearson Gag.  Freedom of speech is slowly fading away.  I will say that Pearson is taking over our education system, or perhaps have already completed the task.  
Couldn't wait to get home.
Chaya Yodha Sancalanam.... My Savior for today.  Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment