Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 6

Backed up!!!  At least that's what I thought.  My doctor said it was because I really cleansed myself out.  I guess I did have 6 or 7 movements.  In the end I was so dried up, that she recommended that I lube up, if you get my drift.  In Ayurveda it is called Basti.  In this case I used Sunflower oil rather than Sesame oil because my Pitta is easily agrivated.  But, since the Vata space needs to be nourished, I had to take some action and send in some nourishment to deal with the fact that I just expelled all of my moisture. 

While the pictures are not actually to scale, they do represent how I envisioned what was about to happen. It was actually not such a bad process and is supposed to be really good for helping Vata imbalances.  I certainly feel much better now.  It did stir up a lot of repressed emotions and feelings.  Some good and some not so good, but  I guess there were some things that still needed to come out.  Things I have a hard time letting go of from past relationships and lifestyles.  Guilt and anger really like to stick around and can really confuse and derange your sense of center.  No matter how positive one works to be on the outside, if those demons reside in you, you cannot heal.  It is akin to a plant rotting from the inside out.  In the end, I think I understand myself a bit more, at least for today.  Hopefully I've shed some of that rot.  

As for rice gruel, I'm no fan and am not sure why it is used.  I would prefer a fast, then back to kitchree with more beans than rice.  Maybe there is a reason, but I'm not convinced.  I'll be exploring that more for the next cleanse.   
Well, tomorrow is my last day, but I have to do it at work.  I'm cool with it.  We'll see though.  I never know what to expect each day with this process.  I have to cook crepes and pancakes for my cooking advisory.  What fun, I can't even taste them.  I hope they at least enjoy them.      

No comments:

Post a Comment